What month is it? Or year?

I no longer in sync with any sort of time. Day, date, month, year... I am in some other realm at this point. Ah well...

I have been learning to embroider again. I had not done so since I was 13 years old. ahem. I used colored sewing thread to embroider up the legs and pockets of my super bell Levis. laughing...

I had come across the site- Million Little Stitches Yes, I am copying her sampler book somewhat. Instead of the willy-nilly grouping of making the samplers page by page according to that week's stitch to learn, I am doing them in groups and will put it together in the same way. It is very hard to explain. I will try to remember (with my mind like a steel sieve) to post images of my sampler pages at some point. No matter what, I am enjoying it immensely. If one is interested, go to Pint Tangle for TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesdays).

I wanted to have a table-top water fountain to go near my "we-fry" router and all of the other electronic junk that sets me on edge energetically. They are supposed to be helpful. So far, it is helping a lot, along with some other devices for warding off EMF and other electronic smog, etc. I seem to be sensitive. I feel best with the power outages.

On Yuck-Tube, there is a bunch of clever table-top fountain tutorials. You need the base to hold it all. I first got a clear glass bowl. Do not do that. It looks like a dirty dog bowl after a day. You cannot see rocks, crystals and so on after a day. ugh. I ended up getting a roasting pan. (laughing hard) It works nicely, really. I made a Fibonacci Spiral with 9 holes for a spray. Too many holes that dribbled down the copper tubing. Then I made one with 4 holes. Wonderful! until I noticed the spray splashing on my antique table. sigh...

The one with too many holes was cut down, tightened up the spiral and have it spouting into a glass flower I was given years ago. The lovely spiral that made the mess is set to the back as a decoration. It works and sounds lovely.

Hopefully the tiny video below will work. Videoing is not my forte.

 


I finally finished my Australian-style lockerhooked rug! Yea! It came out nicely. The final size is 3' x 6'. It still needs a backing. For now, stuff will go through the rug until wear felts it. I rounded the corners. No curling of them when rounded.

I love it. It is almost time to give it a "shave" of fuzzies. You cannot see them very well. This summer, I will take it out on the tarp, wet it and stomp on it to speed the felting. ;D

Strangely, I have not been able to eat much meat, especially if fat is higher than 7%. Chicken is out. Sea fish is too contaminated, fresh is ugh! to me. Lean pork (bacon is still okay-ish) and super lean beef as a condiment is all I can stomach. It is weird.

That is it. Take care all.

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are blogging. Nice pieces you have in progress and finished. I miss my table top fountain it broke in the last move. Need to work on that. Come over the farm and see what is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete